Friday, March 21, 2008

Dreams of my...democratic candidate?

Last night I dreamt about Hillary Clinton. Hold on, hold on, let me explain.

I was -- for some inexplicable reason -- sitting with her on the set of some sort of talk show. The host of the show, however, wasn't asking Clinton any questions, she was just using her as a sort of prop. So I asked if I could conduct a little interview after a commercial break.

Commercial break one ends and the host does some sort of roll call instead of letting me do my interview. This happens again after a second break, and after a third an episode of Seinfeld starts to roll instead of cutting to me. Hillary and I are both entirely displeased.

The amazing thing is I remember some of the questions I wanted to ask, because I was furiously writing them down so as not to forget before my first on-syndicated television interview of a democratic candidate for president.

1.) "This studio is filled with young women (it was), many of whom are feminists and say that true feminism means choice and therefore support Barack Obama. What is your take on female choice going against the female candidate? And what do you plan to do to win over votes of young American women - many of your votes are coming from retired and middle age women."

2.) "In recent weeks the democratic primary trail has been plagued by distraction with the Reverend Wright comments and attack politics. What are you going to do to bring the focus back to the important issues?"

I think there was a third about the actual differences in prescriptions for the economy and war and education, but I can't recall specifically. Even in my dreams I am interviewing someone. It would be nice if Hillary did answer these questions.

Note: Apparently I'm not alone in dreaming of the democrats. Check it: idreamofbarack.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Molly said...

you should submit that to the idreamofhillaryidreamofbarack blog

A.M.O. said...

Is that an actual thing?