Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Tall Women...Unite!


The majority of my friends these days, especially now that I've moved on from the world of basketball, fit nicely under my arm. So I was pretty excited to see the following blog post on The Times blog Well. The author is a 6-foot-4 University of Wisconsin senior.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/03/24/life-as-a-tall-girl/?em&ex=1206676800&en=06faa791ad018d9a&ei=5087%0A


I will say though, that tall or short, no one should have the fact that they are different from the "average" pointed out to them. My brother, who is 6-foot-5, hates it when strangers come up to him and inform him that he's tall. This happens regularly, and I can't blame him for being annoyed. No one would ever walk up to a stranger and tell them "You're short!" or "Woh, you're a big lady."

No comments: