Monday, April 7, 2008

Reasons to choose Svedka?

I learn the greatest things from foreign coverage of the US. The following is top news on corriere.it, the website of Corriere della Sera: "The Absolut Vodka Initiative."

Apparently Absolut is running a new ad campaign in Mexico utilizing a map from the 1800s, which shows a large portion of now-U.S. lands were then Mexican territories. The ad text reads "In an Absolut world." Probably not going to go over as well in the states...

The LA Times blog La Plaza has it here.


On a side note, though, I discovered this while I was messing around with Google Reader. I think Google Reader just changed my life, no joke. Do other people know about this already and I'm late on the scene?

I want to post about the David McCullough lecture from Saturday night, but tomorrow. Maybe. Hopefully.


No comments: